I won a blogging award. Can I get a woot woot?
Thanks Leslie at
for nominating me! I’m beyond flattered that you chose me. And it’s so nice to know that people other than my mom are reading this! So please go check out Leslie’s
… it’s TOTALLY fab and she’s beyond talented!
In order to receive this award, I’m supposed to tell you 11 random facts about myself and then answer 11 questions. Can you hang in there as I drone on about me??
‘ll post some super fly fun home decor stuff next time! Promise
And sometimes its nice just to sit here and get to know each other, right? No???
11 Facts you don’t know about me
1. I’m not afraid to do backbends, splits or an occasional “cartwheel over the legs” at a party or wedding. Just try me.
2. My husband was at my one-year old birthday party and there is a picture of him and I in the playpen documenting it! (my mom and his mom were friends growing up). We never met up again until after college at the beach and we put it together that we knew each other when we were little. Fate is a funny thing.
3. I was in Germany the summer the wall was torn down in 1989 and I chipped off a piece of the wall for myself but lost the pieces over the years (I know, I know I’m dating myself here)
4. I once flew from Philly to California and said hi to the guy sitting next to me in first-class. The entire flight I couldn’t figure out where I knew him from (I thought it was high school fur sure) and I chatted with him a bit. It wasn’t until a few days later that I realized I didn’t know him at all. It was the Fresh Prince of Bel Air aka Will Smith (he was new on the scene and had just started his TV show).
5. I have curly, thin and frizzy hair that will always vex me so!
6. I love to dance and I’m not afraid to bust a move.
7. I can’t sing but I wish I could.
8. There is not one single food item I won’t eat. Go ahead ask me… I’ll eat it.
9. Babies and the elderly have a special place in my heart. Always.
10. I met Gwyneth Paltrow and Michael Stipe from REM at the Chanel boutique in Soho. Recognized Gwyneth by her voice not her face, strange, huh? And did you know those two were friends? Me neither.
11. When I hear someone sing who has a beautiful and moving voice –I cry.
12. I’m addicted to bikram yoga.
13. I use WAY too many exclamation points when I write!!!!!
Questions I’m supposed to answer!
1. What inspires you in your work?
Anything that falls under the category of what I consider beautiful such as: color, flowers, fabric, nature, people, this list could go on for-evah!
2. What is your best accomplishment that is work related?
hmmm. I love all of my design projects equally, really. So maybe this award???
3. When do you find time to blog?
time usually but if I get a free second and I’m feeling creative I just let it all flow no matter the time.
4. Are you super computer savvy? Or are you just winging it when it comes to blogging?
inging it … can’t you tell?
5. What are your favorite color combinations?
mmm I love all color but if I had to choose… I LOVE blue and green with hints of pink or orange.
6. If you had a do-over, what would you choose?
WOW! Can’t say there would be anything that couldn’t be fixed or that I didn’t learn from. But if I had to pick one…
it would be a toss up between the perm in third grade and the unfortunate summer I experimented with
7. Have you ever lived outside of the United States?
ope, but did have a small stint in Germany for 6 months when my kids were little.
8. What are you still ‘dreaming’ of doing?
Getting a good night sleep (I have a 3 year old). Other than that, living in Europe for an extended period
of time. Not sure where… Italy or France? I can’t wait until the opportunity presents itself!
9. Do you have any regrets?
Of course I do, but I find that my memory is going so I can never remember them.
10. What makes you happy?
Family and all babies.
11. If you could have two dinner guests from history (if they are deceased, let’s just pretend they could still attend), who would they be and why.
The fashiony, designy side of me wants to answer Audrey Hepburn because I truly believe she was the most beautiful, gracious, and stylish woman who ever walked the face of the earth and she seemed to have a good heart as well. And George Washington just so I can ask him how the hell he thought he could take down a super power like England with a rag tag group of men who marched across Valley Forge in the freezing cold weather with no shoes. I don’t even get in my car without the heated seats on. No seriously, how were the people that came before us so brave and gutsy? What were their secrets? I need to know.
Oh jeez enough about me! Did I bore you??? Be honest.
So this Liebster Award is an award that new bloggers give out to other new bloggers to sort of share the love and maybe share some readers.
If the nominee decides to accept the award he/she must:
1. Answer the 11 questions posed –
2. Post 11 facts about themselves –
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers –
About to happen…
4. Tell them that they have been nominated
5. Create a list of 11 questions for the nominees to answer
Ladies, I love what you do… so here’s your questions.
1.Where is your favorite place to vacation?
2. What is the number one reason you started blogging?
3. Who is you favorite designer or who inspires you the most?
4. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
5. What is your favorite TV show right now?
6. What is your favorite book?
7. What is your number one design trick?
8. Where is your favorite place to shop for home decor?
9. What scares you the most?
10. What is your number one tip for new bloggers?
11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would you be?
I’m leaving you with the fun entry of the day image!
— so easy!
Please subscribe to this newsletter and follow me (see upper rh side of this site!!!)